- Listed as an Area of Significant Conservation Value in the Dunedin City District Plan. Described as a swamp/lake with restiad bog and tussockland, rush and sedge swamp, and of regional and national significance. 28
- Presence of freshwater crayfish (Paranephrops zealandicus) in the Loganburn Reservoir. 29
- The presence of Sphagnum porina (Heloxycanus patricki), a moth classified as in 'gradual decline', has been recorded. 30, 31
- Hemiandrus 'Rocklands', a small ground weta, has been recorded at Great Moss Swamp. 32
- Located within Te Papanui Conservation Park.
- Composition of Sphagnum sp., Carex sp. and red tussock (Chionochloa rubra). 2
Our Council, Our Region
Discover more about the Otago region, the Otago Regional Council and the councillors who represent you.
Managing our Environment
Our environment is our most important asset. We work with the community to ensure the sustainable use of our natural resources. The future of our beautiful region starts with protecting and caring for it today.
Resource consents help us sustainably manage activities that may have an impact on the environment.
- Plans, Policies, Reports
- News and Events
We provide bus services in Queenstown and Dunedin to help you get to where you need to go.