Hi, our new website is nearly finished – please let us know what you think

Go back to the old site

Submissions close soon on draft Annual Plan

Media Release - 04 May 2016

People wanting to submit on the Otago Regional Council’s draft Annual Plan for 2016-17 have just a few more days left to do so.

The deadline for submissions is 5pm this Friday (May 6). Submissions can be made using the form included in the ORC consultation document sent to all Otago households, or online at www.orc.govt.nz.

The consultation document sets out the proposed programme of work for 2016-17, the costs of those activities for the next year, and includes several proposed changes since the 2015-2025 Long Term Plan was put in place last year.

ORC chairman Stephen Woodhead said more than 120 submissions had been received to date.

“There has been a strong response so far and we are likely to see more submissions come in this week as is usually the case, but it is important that people don’t leave it too late and risk missing this opportunity to give us their views on our proposals for 2016-2017,” Mr Woodhead said.

Mr Woodhead said once submissions closed, hearings would be held throughout the region starting the week beginning May 16, allowing those submitters wanting to speak to them to do so.

“The hearings are another important part of our democratic consultation process and they sometimes provide an opportunity for proposals to be amended based on constructive feedback from members of the public,” he said.

For more information contact

Stephen Woodhead
Chairman
ORC
Ph 027 280 1635

Back to top
Online Maps & Data: